11 May, 2021

Odds and Ends, mostly about nothing and that's no bull

11 May 2021

1026

R. Linda:

Dragon called but Tonya wasn't in so I got the pleasure since she decided I'd do, I know lucky me. Her doctor has her on Tramadol for some aches and pains she has and she's all annoyed her doctor said they had to test her system (urine test) for Tramadol and me question was for what purpose? That's a new one for me. Was she entered in the Preakness horse race and they wanted to be sure she was drug-free? She's been on this for two years, so not sure why the drug test reason, but maybe time to go to physical therapy and work through whatever pain she is in?


I will say the pine cone crop up here was like no other I've ever seen. You couldn't walk on the lawns without crunch, crunch, crunch and rolling your ankles. Me Mam mentioned it to Ben who came down the road on his tractor/mower and mowed them and the sound was weird, and a few times pine cones that refused to die would come like missiles from underneath the power mower. One had to duck or go inside not to get one up their nose or in their hair, or worse getting hit by one as a projectile and being laid flat out. 

For months me Mam has had this metal garden gazebo she wants to put up next to the pond (reminds her of being home in the UK), so this morning Ben comes over dressed like a gnome to help put it together. He had on a bright blue hoodie that he had upon his head, shorts that were below his knees and clunky work shoes. Me feisty Mam said, "Is it national gnome day you are dressed like one?" He was in good humour and took that smart remark well. But my goodness get that metal gazebo she has in boxes put up, and stick him next to it and she will have her very own garden gnome decoration. 

Mam's folly -- the constant rain has ruined her flowers but you get the idea

Here is something not to buy. I ordered those glasses you can dial up or down. I thought why not? Maybe they might help me with me poor eyesight, yet they looked cheap and stupid, but I am desperate to see, so I ordered two pairs. They arrived yesterday in a brown mailing bag that gave minimal protection. The first one was missing one eye lens and the nose piece but you could snap them back in, but the nose piece wouldn't stay in very long, so first sight was not love. They are made of the cheapest filmiest plastic I've ever seen and the lenses are plastic and scratch easily, the clicker to adjust focus doesn't really focus, and just one look and you know if you wear these things you'll ruin what's left of your eyesight. It took three months for these things to arrive and they certainly were not worth the wait. They are currently residing in me mailbox with the flag up to be returned. Amazon asked me why I was returning them and once again, I used language they don't like, which was, "These things are garbage, I be shocked Amazon would even sell them they will ruin your eyesight!" Anyway, I got instant return approval so this mustn't be the first time Amazon has heard this. 

Yup just one look and you know these are bin worthy

A month back there was an alert that an animal was on the loose and to be on the lookout. I instantly thought bear or moose, never did I think this:

Bull on the loose in backyards 

This came strolling through Ben's back 40 and he called the police and they laughed. Never did a minion of the law show up. So he called Fish and Game they said ok. But they never showed. It wasn't until a day later a neighbour came over with a lasso and horse and rounded up said dangerous animal. It be back where it belongs, but Ben will never forget the experience. Of course, no one believes him until he pulls out the photos. 

Gabe

Copyright © 2021 All rights reserved

3 comments:

Fionnula said...

I would be upset to see a bull in my backyard that is crazy. love the pine cone story ha ha it could have been worse ben could have looked like a smurf

Tomas said...

That's a new one on me, a bull in someone's backyard, LOL your bear was scary enough!

Wolfie said...

Bear, moose and now a bull. You live in a zoo. Ever fascinating Gabe, keep the stories coming.