26 May, 2021

Looking Like A Crying Drunkard

 26 May 2021

1027

R. Linda:


Ever since being poked in the eye accidentally, I have had (as you know) problems seeing out of it. This led to eyedrops (that made it worse), a bout with laser surgery, then eye surgery itself followed by more laser surgery, and it all wound up with where I started, more eyedrops!

So I have been religious about these eyedrops (though the use of them goes before my better judgement), and as a result not just me bad eye, but me good eye started to get red rims. I looked like I had a bad cold or worse. A month later I began to see the white of me bad eye look rather bloodshot followed by a few weeks later the entire white turning red! In between this last transformation, people asked me why I was crying because me eyes looked like someone who had been hysterical for hours. When the white turned red, I was asked if I got punched in the face. 

By that time I was getting pretty upset with the new look. The final straw was when I looked in the mirror and me face looked like a giant red butterfly had landed on it! I looked like I had a bad case of Rosacea which people mistook for -- I must be drinking heavily. 

So I was the crying drunkard I guess to everyone who had no clue what was going on and to me, I was the eye-inflamed unfortunate with what looked like he was suffering from Rosacea. I might also add that I was stumbling into things and almost losing me balance because me eyesight had me seeing people with four eyes and I don't mean people wearing glasses, I was seeing double vision in the eye department on everyone else!

Becoming rather furious and frustrated at this situation I took it upon myself to stop the medicine. I had one burning eyedrop twice a day, and another once at night that had to be refrigerated. This last was refreshing when one didn't need it to be. I be tired just before bedtime and to have to put a cold drop in the old eyeball certainly wakes one right up and then I be up for another two hours. 

For two weeks I went without these drops and guess what? Me vision started to clear up, the red whites went away, the rims were normal looking and I wasn't getting strange looks from people who saw me, and best of all people's eyes looked to be one set instead of two!

I had me appointment with the eye doctor who was not happy I stopped the drops. The pressure was 17 from what it used to be 30! He would have been happy with 14, BUT . . . so I was told ok, he understood the vanity part so just used the cold drop once at night and come back in 3 weeks and if it isn't down to 11 surgery was the option. HELLS NO on the surgery! 

Inadvertently, that night I put the cold drop in the wrong eye! Too late there was nothing I could do. I blinked and my eyesight in that eye was better than before! Well, good to know but I wasn't about to do that again. I did put another cold drop in the correct eye and wow I could see fabulously out of both baby blues! Too bad it was bedtime because I could see normally for the first time in months. 

I be into night number 2 of a cold drop in me bad eye. So far so good though I have no clue about the pressure reading, and there is no red to be seen -- yet. It still galls me no one can tell me exactly what be wrong with me eye. I chalk it up to those eyedrops at the very beginning of this whole sad story. I had 20/20 vision and then suddenly after those drops I had 20/30, wtf?

This be why you got font that be huge in me emails. I couldn't fecking see! Anyway, time will tell if this new process works or not. 

Here's looking at you kiddo -- or trying to

Gabe

Copyright © 2021 All rights reserved

2 comments:

Fionnula said...

I don't know why but thought your eyes were brown my bad. friendly reminder if you need a muse I am available. sorry you have had all that trouble with your eyes I hope this new plan works!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I don’t need a muse thx. No me eyes have never been brown but I bet yours are.