04 January, 2019

Sometimes I think I be the only sane one in this house

04 January 2019
939

R. Linda:

Yesterday O'Hare came home from school complaining he ached all over, his feet were swollen (they were not), his toes were swollen (no they were not) and his ankles were swollen (not even close). "I'm in a lotta pain!" He whined at me.

"What happened? You get jumped at school?" I asked, I mean I didn't know what to think, he looked okay.

"NO! I hadda do like 60 jumping jacks in gym."

"60?"

"Ok, maybe 20."

"You are acting like you have been chopping rocks and hauling them for miles." I said.

"Well, same thing!"

"It be not the same thing. Gees Louise, 20 jumping jacks and you are exhausted, complaining of swollen feet, aches and pains all from jumping jacks?!"

"You don't understand."

"Then explain it all to me."

I won't bother with the lengthy and foolish explanation that really was dumb. I did notice as he stood, yes stood, did not sit down and there were plenty of counter stools to sit upon, and that he was no longer leaning against the kitchen island as much as when he first came in looking to support himself because the pain was going to level him to the floor. He had been munching on potato chips and sipping eggnog (yes, yucky combination). He then proceeded as we were discussing the jumping jacks to the refrigerator where he made himself three sandwiches, got a glass of lemonade (I know on top of the eggnog, double yuck) and seemed to be walking and getting around just fine.

Not to be outdone, his middle brother Guido came down in tears. Seems he was on a footy (soccer) website and the site asked for a profile of sorts. Now Guido knows the rules about info on the Internet so he just made up a symbol and put his first initial inside it. The graphic he used was a soccer ball with a capital G and to dress it up he found a nice leaf to wrap around the ball with the G on top. Only it wasn't a leaf it was the symbol for WEED! His best friend told him what he had done and that put Guido into amuck sweat it did. So blown was his mind he couldn't remember how he had made the graphic in the first place and was at a  loss at what to do to get rid of it. This I found out when I asked what was wrong he was crying. Guido never cries, Guido be the macho dude in the house so this was all new to both of us. He thought he'd be in deep trouble with his mother when she found out and that had paralysed him somehow.

Well, I went up and helped eradicate the offending symbol. I thought all the drama was over until this morning. Today the wee one had no school, so his mom who was also off had promised to take him to IHOP for breakfast, but she got up early because cousin Sean rang her up to tell her he forgot his lunch and could she bring it over to him. I know, say nothing, it be typical of me cousin to be 1. absentminded and 2. have no regard for anyone else's needs but his own. This she did causing the wee one to yell at the top of his lungs, "MUMMY LEFT ME!" You would think it was the end of the world for him, such a tragedy. Lucky for me she came in just two minutes later and off she took him. So really?

Holy McMoly, if that's all they have to worry about how will they handled a BIG situation when it does happen? I dunno.

Gabe
Copyright © 2019 All rights reserved

10 comments:

mobit22 said...

Roflmao It's what kids do. LOL it's when they're quiet that you start worrying.

Tomas said...

I want to have kids so I can enjoy the daily drama and angst of parenthood. Kidding. I think you do a fine job getting on with situations though. I was an exceptionally wonderful child when growing up, never did any of that LMAO

mobit22 said...

I can tell you where I spent my time. Sirting in my little chair with my nose to the wall and if I moved from that spot, time would start again. Needless to say I could be there for hours. I think I was an angel.

Anonymous said...

Um wait a minute, I seem to remember someone that looked a lot like you (age 8) who got caught sipping on your uncle's beer glass when he wasn't looking and then when caught, blurting out you'd promise you'd give up Guinness and go to mass every Sunday when you weren't old enough to drink and you weren't Catholic. THAT got you grounded for 10 years if I remember correctly. Add to that, the wearing of a certain hoodie (age 12) inside out because it was your lucky hoodie and you didn't want it washed and we had to peel it off you and then watch it walk to the washer by itself while you screamed bloody murder and cursed at us that we had ruined your lucky streak for life. Put you in a grand funk for a long time as well as adding 5 more years to your alcohol grounding. Wasn't that you?

Anonymous said...

The trials and tribulations of growing up! These seem tame compared to my own tribe. I cannae wait for mine to have their own so they can experience first hand what they did to me. Pay back is a B, LOL.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

That’s funny LOL.

Tomas said...

Yeah was, LMAO. You have a memory like an elephant I can't wait for you to get old and start forgetting stuff.

Dew said...

You probably are the only one in the house that’s sane. For Now! Loll

Maggie said...

Didn't your father warn you when you were little that that behaviour would one day come back to haunt you and could be used against you? I seem to remember hearing that from his lips every time one of you messed up. And now here it is. LMAO

Maggie said...

Gabe, I sympathise with you. But if its any consolation, you do make us laugh, and we thank you for it. ;)~