17 June, 2012

Father's Day Brought To Me By -- THE BOYOS!

17 June 2012
541

R. Linda:

SO today be quite the day so far for me. The kiddos let us sleep in until the sun was up this time instead of the crack of dawn like last year. We were served once again, a good hardy breakfast of those wonderful cardboard-tasting Cheerios, with no sugar or fruit, but loads of skim milk! You don't know the joy first thing of such a treat. Also, with this healthy brekkie, we were served milkshake-size glasses of more skim milk! Yes, we were. We drank it, yes we did, the wife choking it down because she's not a milk drinker and it being skim milk, well even harder for her to choke down, BUT she did it!

Then we were outside on the porch discussing "her garden" which was not a subject I particularly wanted to be discussing on me big day to do absolutely nothing. But we did, and lucky for me we were interrupted by the kiddos SERVING LUNCH! Yes, we were treated to dry ham and tasteless American cheese sannies with . . . yes, you guessed it, milkshake-size glasses of more skim milk! Oh, and the sannies were smooched down by (I be sure dirty little fingers) and Guido had got a hold of a butter knife before his brother took it away "Are ya crazee or sumpin' ya could cut yerself" to cut off the crusts, so the sannies were rather gross and jagged looking, but we ate em' anyway! It was the thought that counts and all that stuff.

Tonya had been milked to death by that time, and whispered she was going to find that damn jug of skim milk and dump it down the sink! She's in the process of hiding the shake glasses so in case the kiddos have a stash more of skim milk somewhere she won't have to down so much of the stuff. Poor Tonya! I tell ya.

I was informed not to get on the "puter cuz it's yer day off Daddy!" I was told to relax and not "worry bout nuthin' cuz Guido an me gotz dis fathers day thingie under control." Yup, they do.

Never mind they come up with another huge glass of skim milk for their mother, she's leaving home. She said she would be out of there if they did. She has dumped the rest of the milk down the sink as I write this. She's also found some mayo and put it in the front of the fridge in case we get more of the same for dinner.

I will have to tell you the two kiddos planned this with Lois. They told her what they wanted, she went shopping and sneaked it in. Tonya knew about this when she came upon the stash of items she knew she hadn't purchased. At first, she didn't know what to make of it and she asked me if I had bought skim milk, Cheerios, cheese, ham and white bread. I told her it wasn't me. Then she's thinking we have some intruder living in our house. I said to her, "Tonya, really? Why would they buy their own food and not eat ours?" Gees the woman. But the boyos had silently stood by watching her with big saucer eyes. It was then I knew those two had somehow gone food shopping. How they did it I had notta clue, but I knew. Finally, with their mother was about to call the police she had someone putting free food in her fridge, and they fessed up. Ah how cute, right?

I keep hinting I'd like to know what's for dinner, but the boyos are not telling. Tonya has gone through the refrigerator tearing it apart to see what else they may have bought that we are going to be forced to eat with big frozen smiles on our faces AND she's gearing up to steel herself I guess, for another giant glass of skim milk.

Well, it's Father's Day, it's me day to do nothing but acquire food poisoning.  ;-)~

Gabe
Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved

2 comments:

Fionnula said...

aw that is sweet. they really are trying (I mean that in the good way lol)

Maggie said...

Adorable. Happy Father's Day Gabe!