01 September, 2011

Northern Irish Police Reports vs. New England Police Reports

01 September 2011
448

R. Linda:

Once again I have been gifted with a report from me sainted Mam on the antics of her Northern Irish neighbours and their local constabulary. I, also have some wonderful reports on me feisty Irish American neighbours to add to the mayhem. So, without any further ado, I shall give you the rundown.

Here in New England, our boyos in blue responded to a hot air balloon entangled in power lines, they did. Now, R. Linda, I know you are thinking we be very behind the times if we travel by hot air balloon up in New Hampshire, but if truth be known, we can't let go of that mode of transportation, especially when a bottle of champagne be always in the basket. On occasion, these things do get tangled in trees or, like in this case -- power lines. Somehow two of the occupants were able to get out of the dangling basket. O'Hare thinks they parachuted out, and who's to say they didn't? The other three waited somewhat excitedly for the police. If it were me, I would have called the power company first, but with that champagne on board, the sparks must have been mistaken for a fireworks display? Anyway, the power was eventually shut off, the three still on board, were got out, the balloon itself was dis-entangled, and the passengers were all treated for minor cuts and scrapes (all except for the balloon operator who was taken to hospital for evaluation), power was turned back on, traffic was let to come through and all was right with the world. Still, the incident was reported to the F.A.A. for God knows what reason. I don't know if they thought the hot air balloon would interfere with airborne traffic and I, for one, was not aware that our airplanes flew that low to be a factor. Who knew?

Meanwhile in Northern Ireland:

Me Mam reports that while on patrol two of the finest constabulary the force has to offer, were on duty when in the wee hours they discovered a vehicle with two occupants sleeping inside. On sticking their truncheons inside the windows and poking the sleeping men, they discovered the powerful odour of alcohol. Yes, they did! They got the two sleepy men out of the motor and discovered both were in unlawful possession of alcohol AND it was internal possession (which I glean is consumed alcohol, empty cans). Both were underaged to boot and both were taken down to the nick to sober up. They were released the next day without the keys to their motor, and instead of a personal recognizance bail with a court date. I be sure both their Mam's be proud.

Back in New England:

Our men in blue were also enforcing the traffic codes. They were rung up about a man standing next to a parked car and acting suspiciously by walking back and forth the length of the motor. Well, turns out the man was standing next to his broken-down vehicle awaiting the AAA to respond. I be sure if he knew his motor was about to bite the dust he'd have hopped a hot air balloon instead.

In Northern Ireland:

It seems the same night as the two under-aged boyos were arrested, in another part of Newry, police arrested Danny Collins, aged 32, for driving after revocation or suspension, suspended registration (operating), possession of drugs in the motor vehicle, and if all that be not bad enough, transporting alcoholic beverage. He too, spent the night in the nick and was granted personal recognizance bail and given a court date. I wonder if he's related to the other two?

Back in the New World:

Police responded to a residence to check the welfare of a subject after receiving a call regarding a disturbing photo on Facebook. Police spoke with the subject and his father and they are fine. Now, this kind of thing bothers me because I want to know more. What was the photo of? Why did they think there was intent to harm, and by whom? I tell ya they need to close down Facebook. Where are those V for Vendetta people, or could this have been a V prank? Inquiring minds and all that . . .

Back in Newry, Northern Ireland:

It was reported by me Mam that the police there were not just good at protecting the public, but they were also called in to give advice on domestic issues. Here again, there is not too much information and it leaves me wanting to know more. Here be where Facebook would come in handy, you know the wall and all . . .

In New England:

After the Hurricane (ah hem) the boyos in blue responded to a call of suspicious activity. Police located two subjects taking photos of the swollen river and requested that they move along after taking their photos, which they were taking for a local news photo service. I tell ya, ya can't even do your job nowadays without some busybody reporting your arse to the local police!

In Northern Ireland:

It must have been a boring night in Newry. The constabulary were driving in the local business area when they spied a motor parked by a closed store. They spoke with the motor's occupants and warned them of criminal trespass and instructed them to leave the area. YAWN.

In New England:

Also storm-related, a resident reported suspicious activity in a swimming area off a main highway. Seems it wasn't the swimming area that was involved, but the flooded downtown Main Street just up from the swimming area. A bunch of teens had got their jet skis and were skimming down the main street as fast as the jet skis would go. An end was put to that fun by the local boyos in blue. Must have been the same woman who reported the man waiting for the AAA to arrive who phoned this in. That woman needs a hobby! Sigh.

Back in Newry, Northern Ireland:

A neighbour who had constructed a small bridge over a koi pond her husband had dug in their side yard, came home to find the flower boxes she had hanging from the sides of said bridge were thrown in the pond with the fish! OH R. Linda, who would do such a thing? So, the local constabulary came by and good do-bees that they are, fished out the boxes and put them back. Well, they look a wee bit sad because the contents (the soil in particular) are all in the fish pond, but the plants are back in the box. How long they will survive without soil is anyone's guess.

Not to be outdone in New England:

Police responded to a call from a resident of Pritchard Street who was concerned about his old neighbour. The resident was also the man's doctor and since the old neighbour missed an appointment, the doctor grew concerned. He went next door and when he got no answer, he rang up our boyos in blue. Police spoke with the neighbour on the other side and found that the old neighbour was now in a nursing home! Didn't anyone think to tell his doctor?

Lastly (me Mam gets the last word), this from Northern Ireland:

The local Garda spoke with a man on Windsor Avenue concerning remarks being made on the Internet about him. The police advised the resident that slander and libel are civil complaints and he would need to seek the assistance of a solicitor or court with such matters. Really? Did he really think the police could police the Internet? What is wrong with people I wanna know!

So there you have it, an update of sorts. Silly news, silly people, silly situations. Silly. Just plain silly.

Gabe

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

18 comments:

mobit22 said...

Are we the only the only 2 or 3 that find this stuff hilarious?LMAO

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You must stop doing that, every time I click on here you have a new and scarier face. Give me heart failure you will. Anyway, on to your comment: no apparently we AREN'T the only two or three. "The last of the Irish news AKA Ireland has stupid people too!" is one of the most popular stories on me blog, and THIS one is already quite read. I don't know what it is about the Irish acting crazy that others like. Out of 271 reads on the other, only 4 people commented. I be not sure why the readers are mute, but they sure do read it . . . A LOT!

mobit22 said...

It's good to know that people are reading. I would like to know what they think though! someone made that dragon lady pot.LOL
I found the picture on the net

Dew said...

You actually see how many people read your blog? Do you see who? Ahem. You must see me a thousand times and no, I don't always comment, but find your stories fascinating and always entertaining. I love the Irish!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I do. Me blog readers are a whopping 12,661 in the U.S. followed by Denmark (they must like me stories), Germany, So. Korea, Russia, United Kingdom, Slovenia, Canada, Netherlands and Singapore. These are all high digit counts then you go down to Ireland (they get tiffed at me because most be me family, LOL), France, Ukraine, China, Malaysia, United Emirates, Iran, India, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Peru, and so on. I appreciate every single read and hope me international readers get a laugh at the very least out of me foolishness. Me followers are mostly all from the UK, then America, Canada, Ireland, and last but not least South Africa.

mobit22 said...

hmmm Maybe it's the hat.LMAO

Capt Jaack said...

No it's the stash, he wears it well. As to the story, goes to show we aren't much different wherever we live. What a diverse crowd you have reading your blog! Shows humor is universal. Good for you mate! I don't mind being a public follower of your blog, means I can read .... LOL but there is one thing, I do wish the marriage proposals would stop. Seems there are a lot of ladies and (cough) a few gents that read not only your blog but my profile and fine myself attractive. Savvy?

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Wait, wait, wait, wait! You get proposals and I don't? How does that work?

Tonhee said...

AHEM!

mobit22 said...

LMAO

and the MRS. HAS SPOKEN! So I guess there had better NOT be any proposals.LOL

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You're in trouble now JAACK

Irish Rogue said...

I will attest you are popular in Germany Gabriel! I see news from back home has not changed much. LOL though the comments are extremely enlightening. I do wonder how many marriage proposals you've had Capt. I should think anyone that looks like Depp would get a few.

Guilette said...

no matter where you go, there you are Gabriel. LMAO. Home and where you are become the same as time goes by. Hey, I was one of them proposed to the captain, I'll come clean. He hasn't answered me YET. Ta gra agam duit! And I proposed to the other Irish too! the one with the pretty hair.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Ah geez, me blog has gone from a chat room to a dating service. Oi!

mobit22 said...

LMAO

a PICKUP BAR!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Maggie said...

The news in smaller cities and towns runs to the bizarre at times, but I was amused. That's grand news Gabe, you are being so widely read (and enjoyed I know). Ah hem Guilette! The Irishman with the pretty hair is not available, this I know, and to the Captain, you might close your mail and the proposals (of which there are many I'm sure) will cease.

Weaz said...

geezums!