07 June, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner Comes Early

07 June 2012
539

R. Linda:

Since returning from holiday, I've been playing catchup. Catch up at work, catch up with yard work, catch up with missed birthdays and such to where I need another holiday. As I told you, we played catchup with the missed birthdays combining them for a Cinco de Junio celebration all in one fell swoop. I had taken the day off to help with the party preps and I made your guacamole dip which turned out fantastic. About an hour before guests were to arrive I went up to me loft to kick back. I was sitting there in a semi stupor when I caught movement out of the corner of me eye. I looked and saw this peeping Tom (well hen) looking at me through the window.

                                                                                    
HELLOOO anyone home in there?

And I took a double take I did. There she was between the roof of the abode and the garage, the turkey hen who Lois told me while we were gone, was looking over the place. Lois would feed her seed and so she's been hanging around. Well, I wasn't the only one who took a double take, with stealth I always knew he had but I'd never seen, Mr. Kits was on the case. Yes, he was, see below:
 
Oooh Thanksgiving come early

Come closer . . . a wee bit more

That's it . . . closer                   
                                                                                     
I could hear Mr. Kits in me head saying, "Come on Gabe, open the damn window I can't stand here all day and I'm hungry!"

And while she backed up from him at first, she came back to get a closer look at what was thinking of her as dinner! If that cat could have crashed through that glass he would have. We had a standoff for at least ten minutes. And it was me Mr. Kits that blinked first! Can you believe it? He did, he backed down. He sat there looking at me like, well what do you expect, unless you open the window, this be going nowhere. I tell ya!

Gabe
Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved

5 comments:

mobit22 said...

LMAO

HEY Mr. Kits speaks with an Irish accent! LOL

spooky cat

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Ah and for sure he does!

Fionnula said...

what fun shots! LOL

Maggie said...

That is wild!

Irish Rogue said...

You have some strange window scenery, LOL. Welcome back.