28 January, 2012

WANTED TEMPORARY MUSE - chance of a lifetime

28 January 2011
492

R. Linda:

Here I be going to post for a temporary Muse due to me very own Muse having taken ill and thus, finding nothing funny. So medicated be me Muse her arms have swollen up and the funny bone cannot be located. Therefore, it is my only recourse to advertise for a Temp Muse. I never thought it would get to this. So the position is open for one month only.

Qualifications: the ability to laugh at yourself and me too!
                      a background of good grammar and spelling -- yes,
                      me Muse be me grammatical spell checker
                      the skill to not take things personally -- a thick skin
                      necessary
                      I will let the fudge-making skill be null and void this one
                      time
                   
Please note: This be a non-paying job. After all, I don't get paid, why should YOU?
                   
APPLICATION FOR TEMPORARY MUSE

Name (first name only or nickname, I don't care which)

Location (give me a ballpark you don't have to be exact)

Age (if you are a woman TRY to answer as near to the real thing as possible)

Experience (if any)

How funny do you think you are on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being funny to the extreme)

Please post all applications in the comment section. Thank you.

Gabe
Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved

11 comments:

Weaz said...

ooh ooh me, me :::::handie in da air waven at ya::::::

Namie: DA WEAS
Localie: UK
Agie: latie 20sss
Experiencie: ya rite bout me all da x u should no
Funnie: 100

Fionnula said...

aw poor muse, poor gabe. I'd apply but i'm not funny. ;=(

Maggie said...

Muse get well, we need your input. Gabe you are a funny man all on your own, certainly you might carry on without replacing your indispensible other half?

Capt Jaack said...

Mate, I think (since there have been comments on my comments) I should qualify in some small way for the temp position. I have nothing much to do but man a ship and most of the time the ship is gone missing. With that in the topmost of your mind here is my ap.

CaptJaack
Maine (most of the time)
30 something or is that 40? Doesn't matter I don't remember which
My experience is extensive commenting with good humor on your blog (see your blog for examples)
I think I'm a humorous pirate...fellow! And, I rate a 1000. Let's face it I'd break your scale. I am free to be humorous five days out of the week, the rest of the time I'm busy being me...or drinking rum I don't know which exactly but you did say temporary which to me means temporary days of the week. Savvy?

LadyX said...

LadyX or Ric
27 years young
Denver
First daughter of the Muse, Queen of sarcasm and wit.
Billion/10 Sorry boys but I'll beat ya any day of the week :P Just because I am truly my mothers daughter

Dew said...

Well, I would love to apply for said position and I do qualify for almost all of the requirements, but at the end of the day I don't qualify for all, but your muse does! Therefore, your muse, who has become our muse, cannot be replaced and we will wait out the month and wish her well in her recovery and look forward to her healthy return. Oh, and also, I am always under the red pen, so best I don't apply Sigh

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I'ddd be inclined to take you up on your offer, BUT for one little thing, I CAN'T READ YOUR WRITING! Mr. W I don't think there is a Weasilese dictionary anywhere in existence besides in that demented head of yours. But thanks Mr. W but I must decline. ;-(

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Seriously matey? You can't remember things according to your application which makes me think I'd get bits and pieces of a story and still not have one by the end of it. As much as I think an association of attempted story writing with you would be an experience, I be thinking we'd both end up in the drink after me loyal followers made us walk the plank. So thanks, but no.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Now here is a tempting offer, BUT the Queen Mother Muse be an adept at fudge making which means a Princess Muse would be just as proficient and there I would be double teamed with fudge to last me FOREVER with double the sarcasm thrown in. Oi!

LadyX said...

Well considering I don't have much choice in helping with the fudge, I have learned her methods. Plus the cuppy cakes we make are to die for. So watch out cause here comes muffin top. LMAO

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Did you say . . . CUPPY CAKES? I never told your Muse of a Mum how much I like CUPPY CAKES. I dunno I may have to reconsider me decision now that I know about . . . the CUPPY CAKES.