08 September, 2011

Gumby robs a store . . . well sort of . . . but fails

08 September 2011
450

R. Linda:

Okay, so a person goes into a convenience store dressed as Gumby to rob it. He slaps his hands on the counter telling the amused clerk behind it, that he is serious. THIS IS A STICK-UP BUD. He wants money and cigarettes, but nothing is forthcoming. So he bends down to get a weapon and in the fumbling, he loses 27 cents on the floor and his Gumby costume splits down the back, revealing a dark shirt on a slim body. Too embarrassed or maybe humiliated to go on, our Gumby leaves as the clerk laughs.

Here is a picture of our Gumby robber caught in the act:

     
Would you take THIS seriously?

Ah ha! Now we know what Gumby does in his off time. Me wife wanted to know if Pokey was outside waiting for him and if was Pokey going to be ridden in a slow getaway. Well, Dear I have no clue about that. But at least our Gumby knew how to rob a convenience store since there be no money in banks.

The REAL Gumby with sidekick Pokey:



This little Gumby incident would have gone unnoticed but for the store owner reviewing the week's surveillance tapes because the clerk never reported it. He asked his clerk about this, but the clerk just laughed and told the owner he thought it was a joke. Well, the owner reported it to the police to be on the lookout for Gumby at the very least, no one can positively say they saw Pokey anywhere near the store, so he's off the hook for NOW.

When police asked the clerk to describe the assailant, he said it was a green Sponge Bob character. Yup, he did. He had no clue who or what Gumby was. See this be how misinformation gets started. The problem I have is that Gumby (if he had been successful) would be living off the cash register receipts and smoking ciggies for a good long time, while poor Sponge Bob would have unwittingly (to Sponge Bob) be accused of stealing and more than likely thrown in the nick, thus leaving Patrick sobbing for all his pink worth and a very happy Squidward enjoying life in Bikini Bottom, Sponge Bob-free!

Here is a picture of Sponge Bob the innocently accused!


Just look at that innocent face, how could anyone get that mixed up with Gumby? I don't know, but I want to say this right now, not all square people look alike!

I'm done now. Going back to my exciting life . . . NOT!

Gabe
Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

8 comments:

Maggie said...

I don't know what to say. I am stunned anyone would mix up that lovable curmudgeon with Gumby. :(

mobit22 said...

LMAO

What I find hilarious, is that you know all the characters names! Something tells me you sit and watch with the kids and that you don't just plant them in front of the tube.LOL

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You know I do. I have little choice in telly programmes when it comes to the boyos. If I don't sit there they fight.

mobit22 said...

I can't really say too much. I watched my little ponies, gummy bears, cow and chicken, and ren and stimpy. There are a lot of others I watched but am too ashamed to tell which ones.LMAO BUT my favorite character was boneless chicken.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I have no clue. Having grown up with Thomas the Tank Engine and being subject to Teletubbies only because they were EVERYWHERE, I don't know any of those characters. Which I think be a good thing.

Weaz said...

vera funni storee heehee

Fionnula said...

Good one!

Irish Rogue said...

LOL