25 June, 2011

Hair! Lots and lots of hair!

25 June 2011
422

R. Linda:

Let it be known if someone has a hairstyle you admire, copying it doesn't mean you will look just like them, quite the opposite actually. I should know.

It was called to my attention that a lot of hair be on the comeback for us guys. Yes, I went to get me hair cut yesterday afternoon and was asked what style I wanted. This was new, usually, my stylist Mike just cuts it the way he sees fit and that's that. But yesterday I was given a choice. I didn't know what to make of it, I was speechless as I was handed some pictures of the new men-do's and I must have blinked many times as I sat there trying to choose.

Yes, since the appearance of Internet sensation Justin Bieber, the porridge bowl haircut is back! That style once popularised by the Beatles, WAS the new trend last year and it continues! Even Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady was sporting the look, much to his fans' disgust, but I have news for Mr. Brady, there be a new look in town. No, not the Charlie Sheen bat wings (though I will give that honourable mention) it is the fresh, new young look of the golf world's new sensation, the Rory Mcllroy unruly curls look to be here fresh from Ireland teen land.

I know my muse is prone to the expat South African tousled look of our very own Lucky, so I made mention of THAT look. My stylist was intrigued so we went to the shop computer, I got up me blog, isolated Lucky's picture and added it to the others after me main haircutting scissor-happy stylist Mike looked at Lucky, and after going into a gay man's overload on a nice looking straight guy, he said, "Girlfriend, I can do THAT," and he pointed at Lucky's tousled look with his very sharp scissors. So we got up that pic too, and mine from me blog and he put them all together and then pasted me face over them all so I could see what I might look like sporting each of the do's. Oi! Once he was done, Mike said to me, "Let's see how fantastical you could look with a new man-do." Well, okay said I and I looked.

For Bieber, I don't think the light hair does much for me and I look ten years old with such a mop. Plus, dyeing my hair would be not me thing, though Mike was all about highlighting with foils, whatever that meant. But no, said I. The Sheen look I was sort of prone to as a more grownup look, but well, duh losing when you see it on me! Then the Mcllroy look, well I would have to let me hair grow and have a perm for such a look. Can you see me sitting there having a perm? I can't, AND I didn't think I'd look very good in that so nix that idea. Of course, it didn't help that everyone who looked at me in that hairstyle walked away laughing. The South African tousled look, nah too much hair and I couldn't carry it off smile or no, though I was tempted and even for that, I'd have to grow me hair and on me, it would look more bedhead than stylishly tousled. SIGH.

Mike couldn't make up his mind. I was like, what do you mean you can't make up your mind? Are you blind? All you have to do is look at them all, and none, no none, not one would make me look good. Well, said he, bring your Irish South African friend in, I can probably get a better idea if he was here up close and personal. I turned in me chair and looked up at him standing there sighing over the computer. Right, he's straight I said, get that out of your mind, just cut away as you usually do and I'll ask me muse her opinion.

So here they be, I got both sets of pics the real people and then me as all of them. Don't laugh, but I know you will and I know which one you'll choose and let me say right now, I get the Mcllroy I'll look the very large demented leprechaun, and then we'd look related you and me. So NO.

Gabe

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved



Choices

Results

16 comments:

mobit22 said...

ROFLMAO

I will send you my comments in email!

Tonhee said...

I will make my comments public, not afraid of the pirate. YOU LOOK LIKE THE FRITO BANDITO!!!!! LMAO

Anonymous said...

OMG How'd I get into this? Actually, my hair and your lip growth don't go well together BUT I have a suggestion for you Gabe, that mustache and the Bruce Willis look might be a good choice next time. ;)

mobit22 said...

WHAT!? Now I'm a leprechaun? I'm slow but I get there.LMAO

YEAH GO FOR THE BRUCE WILLIS LOOK! But don't grow a mustache, use Magic Marker!

Capt Jaack said...

the first one - bloody terrible
the second one - will never work for you
the third one - reminds me of a monkey I once knew
the last one - you look like a distant cousin of my aunt's nephew twice removed

Dew said...

I agree with Jack on the first three. But I think the last totally suited you to be honest. You could definitely pull that off. Should have added my hair for an option and start a new trend :-)~

Guilette said...

I think everyone looks terrific in their own style, especially Lucky, no offense Gabe but I haven't seen your hair.

Fionnula said...

Gabe, none of the above. You looked good the way you were from what little I can see under the pirate hat. I am assuming you have hair and please tell me that growth on your face isn't real.

DumbDrop said...

gabbie, ya should ditch da bandaner and keep da hatty. an wotz wit da flirtin goin onie? an might dew be a man an dat's y she wanz her hair up wit da big boys? dis bloggie be confusin me. iz it a chat roomie or notty?

mobit22 said...

Is there a Weasilese dictionary I can get my hands on?LMAO

Capt Jaack said...

I thought I was on a ship but I think I'm in a beauty salon? I'm confused if you are about to try on a ladies hair style, would you be wanting to give me the hat and wig back? The one with the beads and do-dads, you know the one. It must be the rum mate, since it was boiled it doesn't taste the same don't you think? Savvy?

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

OH MY GOD what is going on here? I can't turn me back for a minute you all don't go daft on me.

Muse there is no dictionary on the Weasilese, it's a terrible thing to behold, but what can ya do? He actually talks like that.

Dew, careful what you wish for because I have a photo of me with your hair and . . . it isn't a good look, let's put it that way. You can thank Weasil for the photoshopping. I be tempted to write a story about it and post it online. I be very tempted.

And Captain Jack what are you talking about? Too much rum for sure because I don't have your wig with the beads and dodads, but I do have your hat! Maybe I should have Weasil photoshop me in the wig and we can compare that to the Dew do. LMAO

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Dumbdrop's cardboard "do" would be an interesting alternative if no "style" can be agreed upon. Who's flirting Weasil? I missed something methinks.

mobit22 said...

HELLO! oooo I hear an echo. I think I'll dust. and look for the chocie stash.LMAO

Capt Jaack said...

I have to wonder...you've pitted us against each other, pitting our cartoon characters selves against our real follower selves and been somewhat successful making us flip pictures...what I'd like mate, is to know how you've done it? I'm what one would call impressed at your savvy. Savvy?

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Magic mate. Either that or you're all drunk on rum and easy.