13 April, 2023

The Drive-Thru

13 March 2023

1096

R. Linda:

It was a blustery day, and the temps went from the low 30s to the mid-70s and I went from hot morning coffee to iced cold brew by the afternoon. I know I said I wasn't going to go to Dunks again because they are skimpy on the coffee and the brew just isn't like it used to be, BUT there was no Bigbucks, I mean Starbucks to spend big bucks on coffee, so I ended up at Dunks. Yes, I did.

I had to work the graveyard shift so it was around 2:30 a.m. when I pulled into Dunks, ordered a cold brew and because I was peckish I ordered an egg and cheese with sausage on a croissant. I pulled to one of the spots to consume the snack when I saw five teenage boys bent at the knees shuffling into the drive-thru, one holding his hands up like he was clutching a steering wheel and the rest sitting like passengers in an invisible car.

It was the tramp, tramp, tramp of feet in unison that caught my attention as they came into the light. I was in mid-bite and was so stunned at what I was seeing I didn't move. They shuffled up to the drive-thru menu and ordered. Then they shuffled up to the drive-thru window and waited like they were in a car for the Dunks person to take their money and hand over their order.

I laughed in spite of meself and finished my snack as I watched this whole pantomime play out. The Dunks person didn't seem to think this odd, but the person handing the cashier the drinks was giggling I could see them in the window. 

Transaction completed, they shuffled to a parking space and still in a sitting position ate and drank their meals, and then just like they came in, they shuffled out. I was thoroughly amused and entertained, and thought about how creative they were. 

I took these through me windscreen but blurry enough to protect the not-so-innocent, LOL.

Shuffling -- I mean pulling up to the drive-thru

Waiting for their order


I had to hand it to them, if you don't have a car, make like you do

So now we all know what to do if the only place to get coffee and a donut is a drive-thru and you don't have a car. Make it like you do! Kudos to these creative teenage geniuses.

Gabe

Copyright © 2023 All rights reserved

4 comments:

Capt Jaack said...

Cappy you sure that isn't the Weasil driving the car(?)??? That is exactly something he'd do being a landlubber and all. You must have been laughing your seafaring ass off at that. Wish I'd been there mate. We could have pulled up in our invisible sports car and revved the motor a few times, LMAO!

Fionnula said...

wow! that must have been too funny omg I love it. is that son of weasil? lol

Tomas said...

Awesome! I wish I had thought of that when I was a wee nipper.

Hughes said...

That is a spectacular way to have fun and get your donuts too! LMAO