07 November, 2012

I got some bad news over the Internet, no not the election

07 November 2012
603

R. Linda:

After a hellacious evening and long hours of doing my job, I came home and fell into me bed. This morning I awoke to find I felt hungover though I had not had a drink the night before, not that I didn't need one. Anyway, first thing this morning I got this from a fellow writer on all things politically Republican:

"You were going to send me something about four leaf clovers - which clearly none of our candidates had in their pockets - this is a disaster - three lefty women won in NH - and the state went Obama - I'm in shock - when I look at the breakdown, it's the smaller populated counties that trumped over Hillsborough and Rockingham. gosh - I fear the markets will collapse today ....... I suppose your feet hurt if you were stumping them with every election result that came in, not so good eh?"

Well, the Futures were down, so he was right about that. I did write back and say, "Gloomy day and another gloomy 4 years coming, I be packing for Ireland for sure. I will get info on clovers, which will get my mind off me depression. Though I be pretty sure each leaf symbolises an emotion, faith, hope, love and that fourth one is luck! Of which we do not have any. I hope it snows!"

So once me cup of joe kicked in my depression lifted and the weary part of my brain awoke; it was business as usual. The first thing I did was write up me piece, then I surfed the net to see what was what. And I found my first feelings of depression and weariness weren't because of the election turning out the way I had hoped, BUT BECAUSE I BE ABOUT TO DIE!

Yes R. Linda, there it was in black and white, everything I was feeling says yours truly is on death's door! On Caring.com is a list of things that indicate you are on your way out.

First One:  Loss of appetite. I had no brekkie this a.m., no none at all. Just could not bring anything to the piehole, the thought of food was just YUCK.

Second:  Excessive fatigue and sleep. I could hardly get out of bed this morning and I was way fatigued still from a full night's sleep!

Third:  Increased physical weakness. Yes, me feet hurt from stomping them so much in frustration I can hardly stand and I feel weak from my tiredness and me legs ache.

Fourth:  Mental confusion and disorientation. I have been in a state of confusion and disbelief since last evening and this morning because of my fatigue I am quite a bit disoriented in the mind. Of course, any Democrat reading this will attest that I be always like that.

Fifth:  Laboured breathing. I tell ya I traipsed up to me loft with me cup of joe and was completely out of breath and lightheaded by the time I reached the top of the stairs. Of course, the dizziness, and disorientation could have (coupled with me fatigue and the fact it was a spiral staircase), resulted from an empty stomach, not being fully awake, and somewhat confused, and feeling weak because my feet hurt. I tell ya!

Sixth:  Social withdrawal. Well, yeah, I be up in the loft for the day. Told everyone to just leave me be.

Seventh:  Changes in Urination. OK, I haven't eaten anything, therefore there is no need for a potty break and I hardly touched me cup of joe. But it is one of the symptoms!

Eighth: Swelling of feet and ankles. DUH no-brainer there, I was stamping around mad all night and was very heavy-footed.

Ninth:  Coolness in the fingers and toes. Well, me fingers are usually cold and of course, the heat is 62 degrees up here so maybe THAT has something to do with it? Probably not, I know I be on me way out!

Tenth:  Mottled veins! I looked at my bod and didn't see any, but me face was LINED! Then I realised it was from the creases caused by sleeping on sheets that were crinkled up underneath me. I had a sheet face! Be careful how you read that.

Anyway, I have most of the signs of being about to kick the bucket, meet me Maker, sign out permanently, answer the final summons, bite the big one, kick the bucket, bite the dust, buy the farm, cash in me chips, become dead as a doornail, done for, food for worms, giving up the ghost, to go for a Burton, me last roundup, and me personal fav -- about to assume room temperature!

This had me all worried, my mind completely off election results. And that kept me in a state of fear and dread for half the morning. Then I remembered something, something that I mentioned to the first correspondent of the day, the one who was commiserating with me above. Yup, last night we had all these telly monitors around us with each station giving results and commentary. One was ABC News. Yes, I know here it comes, Gabriel has a bone and he's about to run with it. Well, yes I am. And why because I  be confused and disoriented.

I stood there as Romney was doing well, watching the early beginnings of ABC Election Results. And I noticed something odd, so odd I stayed with the station longer than I would have. The more I watched Diane Sawyer, the more intensely I studied her. I even called a couple of my associates over to watch too.

I said, "Is it me, or does Sawyer seem overly excited and enthusiastic?" And this was going on when Romney was winning all those early states, she'd come on with "WE have RESULTS coming IN! You hear the MUSIC?" In her hand were pink cards which she was sort of waving around, and then she'd announce, "We can SAY that Governor ROMNEY has WON TexAS. No surprise THERE!" She'd shout some of her words and particularly memorable was her half-shouting of the word "Wis-con-SIN!" We were all rubbing our eyes and shaking our heads as this went on and on, and George Stephanopoulos would sort of take over to give her time to sober up? I dunno, but we all thought Diane was a bit too happy. Was she a Romney supporter and her enthusiasm was showing, or . . . wishful drinking? Then she called Barack Obama, "Barack Obruma," and we all snickered, the word "once" was "younce" and it was like that most of the evening. She never corrected herself, no not "younce!"

And the person who was also studying this was sitting across from Diane. Yup, she sat there demurely, with hands folded, eyes riveted on Sawyer's antics and we all agreed she was biding her time for a COME BACK! She was like a cat, still, watchful, deep in thought at what she was watching, or in this case, who. Yes, Barbara Wawwah was watching from her place far away from the main desk where she should have been. Yup, Babs was relegated to a desk on the side and she was the last one at the desk. That had to hurt! (Actually, we were surprised to see her there, it was like why?) So we took bets that if there is a backlash over Sawyer's behaviour, Ms. Walters will be vying with Katie Couric for that major anchor spot for those special occasions. Like another election result show, The Marriage of Prince Harry (if he should decide Pippa's the one), OR a discussion panel show When Interactive Media Goes Private, or perhaps When The Pope Gets Married, you know events like that.

I told you I be on death's door, I be ranting and I can't stop myself. Me wife said if I wanted to end it quickly to go down to the intersection of 101 and 114 with a sign that says, "I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN NEW HAMPSHIRE THAT VOTED REPUBLICAN! PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!"

Now if I wasn't so fatigued, I'd crawl on down there and do it.

Gabe
Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved

5 comments:

Dew said...

Aw, Gabe. No pushing daisies for you, not yet anyway. LOL you're a nut

mobit22 said...

LMAO
you say these anti Demo things, knowing I AM one.LOL
and NO you don't run with a bone, you chew and chew then beat a dead horse with it.LMAO
Did you notice, that my state is gonna be the happiest state in the union?LOL

mobit22 said...

oh yeah! TAKE A NAP!LOL

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Demo? An anti demonstration? Against? Okay there Muse, sounds like you're already smoking the weed. So are you referring to me bone AKA Diane Sawyer that I be beating a dead horse? I don't think so Musie, if she's going to act squirrelly you KNOW I can't ignore that. Yes, your state and one other will be enjoying BLISS. AND when that happens you won't need the blog because you will BECOME the blog. Yes, I be shouting certain words like Sawyer - just to beat that dead horse a few more times.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Oh go smoke a joint!