16 January, 2024

The Non-Stop Birthday

 16 January 2024

1103

R. Linda:

With snow storms and rain storms turning to ice storms, it's been a bit of a tumble around me house. On me birthday the ladies of the house were far behind on birthday festivities for yours truly because of the weather. I knew all was in a jumble and told them it was fine, we should celebrate me day on another day, but no, they wouldn't hear of it, but I persisted so on THE day, Guido had a wrestling match and I said that would be gift enough to go to the smelly gym and watch Guid flex his muscles and take down an opponent. And that's what happened. Afterwards, we went to MacDonald's, Tonya's treat. We ordered and the lady told us to pull up at the first window. We did. There was no one there. We pulled up to the second window where we were given our food and drink order almost immediately with have a nice day shouted us and a hand wave to keep on moving!

"Weren't we supposed to pay for all this?" I asked the wife who looked totally confused. 

"It's yer birthday!" Mam said being handed a cheeseburger. "It's free!"

"But they don't know it's my birthday," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well, it's too late now, you'll just confound them more you go in and say "Hey, here's some bucks to pay for our food." They won't miss it anyway and the lady told you to drive off." Guido said with a mouthful of Big Mac.

I wasn't driving and I couldn't get them to go back they were chowing down all the way home, they were "tired" and reassuring me if I drove down the next day and offered to pay they'd think I was a nutter.

What to do? I figured next time I would pay it forward and that would make me feel better since I wasn't in control of the situation . . . or driving the car. And, no one was listening to me anyway.

On day 2 of the birthday we celebrated with pizza and cake, a very lovely gushy cake I might add. It is nowhere to be seen because it was consumed completely the very next day . . . burp! I was told what everyone was getting me in the way of prezzies since it seemed everyone forgot a birthday was upon them.

On Day 3 friends and family except for Sean came over. They bought more pizza (so tired of pizza I can't tell you) and beer with a chocolate cake. Yes, the combination takes some getting used to but we ate it all. 

On Day 4 Sean was ready to celebrate the birthday, but he suggested we go out for breakfast to a rather nice establishment three towns away. We did, we trouped back out into the winter chill and had an enjoyable time as we were regaled with Sean's misadventures which made me thank the good Lord I am not Sean. 

Day 5, yes it keeps going, Tonya had made birthday luncheon reservations for us at our favourite little bistro in the woods and she had taken a personal day. Well, guess what? The kiddos are home and it is snowing! So that's off until Thursday now.

I was gifted with another certificate for the same place by Mam and we have decided to put that off until next month. Thus, the birthday will start up again for hopefully the last time next month. 

Stay tuned.

Gabe

Copyright © 2024 All rights reserved

3 comments:

Fionnula said...

I sent you a pm on your birthday I wished you a happy one but in case you didn't get it happy birthday babe!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Babe? Yes, I got it. But BABE?

Fionnula said...

spell check, auto correct it was one of those lolololol