28 July, 2014

Only a woman would invent a time saving device that can make a man's life miserable

28 July 2014
746

R. Linda:

Who invented the dishwasher? It had to be a woman! I just know it.

Here's the problem (such as it is) -- I, me, the man of the house, decided to help with the dishes. The womenfolk were in the living room after dinner last night, looking at a watercolour painting young O'Hare had done at school. Now this painting was put on the wall at school because the teacher thought it was the very best in the class, so of course, the kiddo was hot to show it off. Now, I had seen the painting earlier as I was off and picked the youngin's up from school. So for me to be back admiring it (which I did put in a quick appearance) was not necessary to be exposed to Mam asking all kinds of artistic technique questions, with the wife in there adding to it!

My God, it was a kid's watercolour for heaven's sake! It's not like O'Hare be the next Picasso. Geez.

So, I decided to be a good Do-Bee and clean up the dinner dishes and put the leftovers away. Now mind you, the two women of the house were quite a bit aware of my efforts and so decided to prolong me labours by staying in the living room admiring the piece of art that will probably be framed and hung over the fireplace. Uh-huh, it certainly sounded that way from all the attention it was getting.

Well, let me tell you ladies never again! I put the leftovers in the proper Tupperware containers, yes I did. I put the crusted pans in the sink with a dab of Dawn Dishwasher liquid to loosen the crust up AND I started to put the flatware in the dishwasher. Now ladies I truly do NOT see why every single spoon has to be in different slots in the door where the flatware goes. Truly I do NOT. I put them in one compartment for easy putting away. That was me logic.

Secondly, after I rinsed the crust off the pans I put them in the top wash bin of the dishwasher because they were practically clean and I did not see they needed a heavy-duty cleaning by being on the bottom wash bin of the dishwasher. The plates, cups and saucers were grimy with food and no I did not rinse them -- I mean what is a dishwasher for? To wash the dishes! Come on! So I put them in the bottom where the jets are to make sure that grime was washed away.

Lastly, I put the dogs' dishes in with them because, well the dog needs sanitised and clean bowls too, don't ya think?

OK, so I am ready to wash. I get the Cascade packet, put it in the little slot, close it and as I go to push the rolling wash bins in, Mam comes rushing in waving her hands in the air like there be a fire shouting, "NO, NO, NO!"

What the sharp-eyed Irish woman saw WAS the dog dishes and she quickly took them out and threw them in the sink telling me not to wash animal bowls with people stuff. REALLY MA?

I explained the dishwasher had a sani cycle so what was the problem?

While I was questioning her logic she was looking at the flatware and asked me who taught me to load a dishwasher?

"You did," I said smugly and for that, she swatted me like I was ten!

"NEVER! Gabriel Aloysius O'Sullivan. You lie like a rug ye do! I never told ye to do sooch a ting as dat, NEVER. Da spoons will all spoon togeter so the front of the first one will be clean and the back of the last one will be clean but all the ones in-between will be durty!"

So to please her and mumbling about silly and stupid dishwasher rules, I took out every single bit of flatware. She in turn took each one and placed a fork and a spoon together and there a knife and here a knife.

"Satisfied?" I asked ready to close the thing up to start it.

"No, now wooldya lookit dat." She said pointing to the bottom shelf. "Pots and pans on da bottom and plates and coups on da top. Jaysus, Maree and Yoseph!"

"What difference does it make?" I shouted in utter, complete male frustration. It made no sense to me, NONE.

"Ye want to get da cooukin' pots really clean an dey take more water force, da coups and saucers will all break from da force of a dat jets! Ye'll end oop wit broken crockery ya dolt!"

"I do it all the time and never a broken anything." I fired back but she pushed me, yes, she shoved me out of the way and rearranged the whole thing. I tell ya! Women!

That was it, I walked away and passed the smiling wife who looked like she had sympathy for me, but I betcha she didn't really -- was a show she was putting on. She was probably thinking, "Good, show that man a thing or two Momma O'."

ECHHH!

Yeah, that's right I put in the dog bowls and cat bowls with one single glass at the top! I got me revenge.

Yeah, and they are none the wiser. I just can't wait for one of them to drink out of that glass so I can tell them it was in with the animal bowls. Yup, or maybe I won't. Might be safer that way.

Gabe
Copyright © 2014 All rights reserved

13 comments:

Gillian said...

LOL Gabe your ma sounds like mine. Who drank out of that glass? Was it you because you forgot what you did? LMAO

Tomas said...

That's what you get for being Mr. Helpful LOL

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

No it wasn't -- actually I be saving that glass for next Weasil visits.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I learned me lesson I did.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you the domesticated one . . . um . . . or were, LOL.

mobit22 said...

Sounded more like a plot! Thinking he might do it again , they'll keep him away from the dishes.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Yeah well! AND I found out one JOSEPHINE COCHRANE invented the damned machine! I KNEW IT!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

OHHH funny woman YOU!

Weaz said...

cochrane iz datty dere irish? yer think ya were bestied by yer own peeps? heh heh

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Maybe she was of Scottish decent. No, she was an American.

Fionnula said...

for heavens sake it does make a difference where you put things in a dishwasher. heres a tip do not put crystal and silverware in a dishwasher ... ever!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Ay, ay SIR! I be so instructed SIR! Thank you Sir! LMAO

mobit22 said...

Most flatware is stainless steel and not real silver so into the dishwasher it goes. LOL