27 December, 2011

OH NO SINEAD NOT AGAIN!

27 December 2011
483

R. Linda:

Look at the happy couple . . . but not for long!


I tell ya I can't keep up with me countrywoman Sinead O'Connor, the to-be EX Mrs. Barry Herridge! It has only been 16 unblissful days of newlywed hell when on Christmas Eve, YES CHRISTMAS EVE, our own Sinead decided to end it. Enough was enough, but on Christmas Eve, the day before Christmas? Can you imagine being Mr. Barry Herridge and waking up on Christmas Eve thinking, "It's nearly Christmas, all be right with the world," only to find out not all be right with the Missus?

Can you see her looking over at him and saying, "Well Barry, I'm leavin' yer arse, so Happy Christmas, have a nice life!" and off she goes. Would the man be lying there looking like a deer caught in headlights? Yes, of course. Would he blink like a chicken that just lost its head? Yes, he would. Would his tongue be so stunned to silence he'd not know what to think or utter a sound? Yes, to that too.

It seems the very quick Vegas marriage led to a celebration, not with champagne but a lot of Mary Jane and well when that ran out and the buzz wore off I suppose Sinead questioned herself on why she was with an addiction counsellor. Yes, R. Linda, our Barry IS an addiction counsellor and it was said the two of them were smoking weed on the honeymoon. What's up with that I wanna know.

The reason for the marijuana? She doesn't drink. Who knew? It is rare to find an Irishwoman who doesn't at least take a tipple. Here, let me give you her words on this matter: "And also, by a bit of a wild ride, I took us on looking for a bit of a smoke of weed for me wedding night as I don't drink. My husband was enormously wounded and very badly affected by that experience and also by the attitude of those close to him toward our marriage." DO YA THINK?

While I was digesting that bit of info, Sinead was issuing a statement and saying she still loved her Barry man, but his friends were the problem. They put "intense pressure" on him and well, she just couldn't live with it. What that pressure was well . . . the pressure was NOT to get involved with her. Well, gee why not? Could it be BECAUSE she had in one night ruined his reputation as an addiction counsellor by bringing in the pot to smoke? Do you think THAT might upset them a wee bit?

She did say something in her statement that gave me a bit of pause it did, yes, she said, "He was too nice to trap." Is that what marriage is? A trap? Who knew? I guess I have been trapped all these years and haven't known it meself. I must have a talk with Tonya about that, I must.

Finally, we will end this sad little story with Sinead's own courageous words. "I intend to get on with being fully me. With never an apology for any part of being fully me. No matter what." And she ended her statement with, "And that I can be me. And that's a freedom I can't give up for anyone or anything. Rock n roll."

It's all about her it be. Forget she trounced Barry's career and reputation, our Sinead will carry on despite it. Yup! I would warn the Catholic church she's on the loose so beware she may be coming your way . . . again.

Well, I look at it this way, at least they had a nice holiday together while it lasted. ;(~

For previous stories on Sinead O'Connor, see Wedding News And It Isn't Pippa, Dec. 7, 2011, Oh Sinead, Sinead, Sinead! Sept. 25, 2011, and Banning Certain Items of Clothing and is THAT Sinead O'Connor? March 9, 2011.

Gabe
Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

2 comments:

Fionnula said...

TSK!!!

Irish Rogue said...

She'd make a great poster face for mental health issues at the very least.