03 January, 2010

With a blizzard wailing outside, I thought to tell you about me pre-blizzard day

12 February 2006
157

R. Linda:

Been a weekend and then some. Yesterday the wife and the wee Airport, along with meself drove down to Sturbridge, Mass. to have a bite of breakfast with Ton's relatives that had come up for a wedding (we were not invited, because we have a baby and no baby's allowed. The to be newly weds decided not to invite anyone with small children so there wouldn't be any at the nuptials taking the focus off the bride. So we weren't the only ones, but the word 'babysitter' did not enter in the heads of this couple who don't have need of one, thus are not familiar with the term. Oh well).

Tonya wanted to see everyone and show off the Airport in spite of the to-be-newly-weds and suggested we meet with everyone for breakfast, since they were all staying in Sturbridge. Off we went to the Publick House at the Sturbridge Inn, a rather swank place. I be thinking it be Tonya's Mam and Da, and her two sisters, Shantae and Fatima and their respective husbands, David and Jerome. So, there we were, Ton, Airport, and me. The first in was Fatima and Jerome. We ordered coffee, and soon after Mrs. and Mr. Abdul join us and we decided once we all have coffees to wait for Shantae and David. Well, brother Assad joins us (I was under the impression he was stationed in Iraq and wasn't home), and he wasn't alone he had some chickie named Bawanna on his arm. The waitress got a busboy and they moved another table next to the large one we started with. We began to order breakfast as cousin Dwayne and his girl Dawna arrive.

We continue to order and Tonya's cousin Desiree and her sister Columbia along with brother Donald join us. Busboy slides another table over. But then Desiree asks for another table because her boyfriend Donato will be down and so will Columbia's main squeeze Darien. And let's not forget Donald's date Phyllis.

More tables, more coffee, finally we are ALL ready to start ordering and we were having a pretty nice time as we are served. By breakfast end, there was a lot of fussing over the Airport and he was handed around down the line and back again, this going on three or four times. The child knew everyone by the last round. Then the bill came . . .

Sigh. 19 people R. Linda. They all thanked me for breakfast and boogied to their respective rooms to change for the wedding. Mr. Abdul offered to pay the bill, but I refused. Yes, I did. Wasn't fair to him, as it wasn't fair to me, but what the hell, this was Ton's idea.

So now I too, may be greeting people with shopping carts at Wal-Mart, I be so broke. $266.00 for breakfast was pocketbook shattering. Go ahead laugh. Tonya tells me, I should be glad we weren't invited to the wedding, or I'd be shelling out that much if not more for a dress AND even more for a gift.

So sad in New Hampshire or I should say a good deal lighter than I have been in a long time.

Gabe
Copyright © 2006 All rights reserved

No comments: