24 June, 2024

Where are Gabriel's Packages?

 24 June 2024

1118

R. Linda:

Amazon delivery (while still needing a few tweaks), is better than UPS, USPS, and me nemesis, FedEx. 

I also noticed in me accounts on Amazon, eBay, and Etsy, that there is a startling difference in when a product will arrive. 

For example, I know if I order anything on Etsy and want it fast, I must tell the seller, or I will wait nearly a month for the order to arrive. eBay sellers are a wee bit faster in shipping and Amazon, well this is where a tweak or two would come in. I pay for Amazon Prime and expect next to two-day delivery as promised, but there have been times I waited a few weeks for an order. That makes me wonder what I am paying Prime premium for if I don't get what I paid for on the promised delivery date. While this can be irksome, I live with it when it happens. And, it's been happening more often.

Delivery times aside, I would that FedEx would stop with the Where's Waldo type puzzle when it comes to my packages. It is where is Gabe's package located? Is it at a neighbour's? Is it dumped by the side of the road somewhere and what road? Is it even in the same town where Gabe lives? Most times, it is delivered to me mailbox not me door. And, that would be fine but the box or boxes are usually stuffed inside me mailbox (which is not a small one) and I struggle to get the boxes free of the mailbox. This action has so impressed USPS that they do the same! The mailbox wiggles on its post from the many times I've had to free up jammed packages out of it.

FedEx has the nerve to ask how was the delivery

USPS is just as bad. At least they know where I live, unlike FedEx which seems to think I have a bogus address and really live somewhere I don't even know of. However, USPS will jam packages in so it is nearly impossible to free them. Not only that, if the package is large, instead of delivering it to my door, they will put the package at the base of the pole that holds the mailbox. Yes, I have come home to packages in the road, or worse thrown in the poison ivy behind the mailbox (to which I am highly allergic). 

The only carriers who actually deliver to the door are UPS and DHL. Kudos to those services. I actually have had pleasant exchanges with the UPS driver except the one time, there was a substitute for the regular guy. I saw the truck pull in and I was on the side of the house. I went to get the delivery and was standing behind the truck when I heard BOOM! BAM! BANG! as it sounded like boxes were being thrown. This concerned me because Tonya had ordered a breakable and well, I wasn't sure the gorilla in the truck wasn't bouncing her package around. He pushed the back doors open with a lot of force and seemed embarrassed to see me standing there. Sheepishly, he handed me the package. I didn't hear any tinkling of glass but I was suspicious. Luckily, the item was in one piece but I had to wonder about the rest of those boxes. I guess he was having a bad day. Uh-huh.

DHL delivers on time, they come to the door, drop off packages and go on their way. No problems.  

The best score for honesty goes to Patagonia. These guys let you know when your package is being shipped and how it is being shipped.



So once you see how your product is being shipped, you can approximate its delivery time. And, if there is a delay, they let you know that too.

Yes! They show you why it is being delayed

Why can't all the rest be so honest and provide photographs in transit so you know the damn package is coming to a mailbox or garage or even a culvert near you (maybe near you). 

Gabe

Copyright © 2024 All rights reserved

1 comment:

Fionnula said...

it must be universal I think everyone has a delivery problem. the mystery meat you never did, did you?