14 May, 2019

So . . . I wanna know WHERE the Iron Throne is at

14 May 2019 (but the weather says its 44th April)
953

R. Linda:

The last time I had wine with Cersei Lannister we were in the Red Keep in Kings Landing and she was sitting on the Iron Throne. So after last Sunday's destruction, where is the freaking throne everyone is fighting over?

The last time I looked, Deanerys Targaryen had laid waste to not only the entire city of Kings Landing but the Red Keep in particular. Not once did I, in viewing the destruction, see the Iron Throne, and if memory serves me correctly, not a stone was standing by the end of Deanery's fiery ride. So where is it?

It seems everyone has forgotten about this glaring matter. The one thing that has been the power focus no one but me cares about?

If the throne is in the rubble, how do the unsullied get it out? We are talking tall buildings reduced to dust and boulders, and people with no machinery to lift and move them, so is the throne lost forever? Or, by some miracle is it just upended in a miraculous tumble or in a niche where the roof and walls missed it? Nah that would be too fantastic to be true and we know this series sticks to the real. That's a joke, R. Linda.

Here's another thing that bothered me, please tell me that the white horse that Arya rode out of the smashed city was not the horse that was dead at the first barrage where its Golden Company owner went down with it. The horse I saw lying down looked dead, not stunned. The horse Arya rode out on looked unscathed, just smeared with blood from its surroundings. So can't buy it's the same horse, THOUGH it sure does look like it from its confirmation.

Notice Bridal 

Different bridal on Golden Company horse

Golden Company horse down and dead

Dothraki horses notice the bridals are like the one in the picture with Arya

The episode was disappointing in that Jamie had a wasted fight with Euron, I mean who cared. That he ended up in the cellar with Cersei to be crushed to death (maybe, just maybe . . . you never know, maybe the iron throne fell on top of them and saved them with an air pocket), wasn't how I saw either of them ending. I wanted to see the fire in Cercsi come out instead she was reduced to a teary, complaining child. Daenerys who I thought had a thicker skin turned into a monster just like the one she was Harry Pottering on. Too fast, too soon, too crazy for me to buy in.

The Cleghan bowl, equally as boring and I too wanted the Mountain to just die! The only one whose blood lust made sense to me was Grey Worm spearing everyone. His loss of Missandre was paramount in his mind, so his behaviour was understandable to me. Not that I condone killing innocents or anyone for that matter, it just made more sense why he did what he did.

Jon Snow is a wuss, is a wuss, is a wuss. And I'll let it go at that. Arya too, had me baffled. Here she was on her way to Kings Landing to reckon with Cersei. There she was pushing and shoving her way into the city with determination written all over her face only to be told by the Hound she didn't want to become like him so she turned and ran to get away and out of there. I was like did she take his words for meaning his looks, or what he was. Because it was crazy the sudden turnabout. That she conveniently found the pale horse, was another HUH? For one thing, after all the sound and thunder, that horse should have been a prancing mess and not wanting anyone to get near it. That it stood there was unique, to say the least. How tiny Arya got on that big animal well, I guess she's nibble, if she can shape change I guess she can levitate too.

The last thing that baffled me was the green wildfire. What's the hint on that I wonder? Is that the only kind of fire that can burn a dragon and a Targaryan? Is that how you get rid of Daenarys and Drogan? Just why were we seeing the wildfire blow up in spots? We knew it was all over the city, but what is the significance?

Well, I have managed to depress meself again. So far for a bittersweet ending, I'm not there yet.

Gabe
Copyright © 2019 All rights reserved

22 comments:

Tomas said...

You know I hadn't thought about that, the Iron Throne I mean. Interesting. The horse, my Da says is likely a Portuguese Lusitlano used by the company that supplies the stunt horses and he agrees with you it is the same horse actor. Now I am hearing the horse is the biblical Pale horse and Arya is Death riding it. I also heard the horse is Bran warging into shape to save his sister, but I am also hearing Arya got crushed and fire reigned on her so she's dead too. But the dead have a habit of coming back to life, girl and horse. I don't buy any of that. I am waiting for the new Prince of Dorne to show up and throw a monkey wrench into all this.

Dew said...

I think the white horse has significance for sure I just don’t know exactly what. I do know the little girl Arya was trying to save was holding a wooden white horse toy. Might be nothing but then again?

Gillian said...

I think Varys sent out messages to the 7 houses. I expect to see old faces appear. I think Varys gave Daenarys Basilisk blood in her food via Martha to drive Dany mad. I think Varys thought he had more time, and by driving her mad he'd make his point to Tyron. I think he left a poison ring for Tyrion to find. I also hope that Arya puts on Jamie Kingslayer's face and becomes Queenslayer. I don't think there is much to the white horse theory. More focused on Varys rings.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

OK then. Interesting theory.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Good eye on the toy. Does rather
Lend credence that there is something special about the horse. Maybe it was Bran warging?

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I would wonder why bring back characters that haven’t been in the storyline now. For me it would add more questions.

Dew said...

I guess we will all have to stay tuned and find out. Fingers crossed it’s a brilliant ending. Not holding me breath!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Well . . . If Bran gets the throne I suppose it will be how he gets it that counts. If John and Tyrion end up in the slammer well . . . If Daenerys dies well ok, I just don’t know anymore SIGH.

Dew said...

Me either Gabe. Double SIGH

Dew said...

Gabe. Me thinks there be a lot of spoiler reading going on. Now wouldn’t that be the twist. None of it is correct Lol

Tomas said...

Gabe what the heck! Seems you do know or did know! How did you know that? Here I personally was focused on that horse thinking it meant something and it meant nothing. I told me da not to read your blog until tomorrow. The finale airs tonight in the UK so he doesn't know what happens yet. Or, possibly he will know there is a lot of buzz.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Melted LMAO I was right about that and my joke about what would happen happened! Who’d a thunk the improbable would be the case?

Dew said...

First a Starbucks coffee in the scene and now a bottle of water last night? I don’t know but isn’t that a bit careless? I wasn’t thrilled with the finale but I do think it opens up maybe future stories?Only different actors most likely as I have heard they are all burnt out. Time will tell

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Rushed series 8 you think? I wasn't thrilled either, they could have gone another two to three episodes to fill in some glaring blanks. I did think that they left many new storylines open, but I won't be watching, though if they want to make a comedy show out Tyrion's council I'd be happy to tune in for some laughs. I simply don't care anymore, it was all so ridiculous. As Jon Snow said, it was "disappointing". No mourning of the mad queen by her unsullied, no nothing, suddenly we visit Jon in the slammer, never see the discovery of the murder. As Egrit said to Jon, "You know nothing," and yup none of us know a thing really, but that it is snowing in Westros, but up north there is grass growing. Thats about it.

Dew said...

Lol Gabe. I agree with you. I am left feeling disappointed with so many loose ends. Shame that as the past seasons were so darn good! Moving right along. What’s next Gabe?

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Next is I make me muse happy and get back to me blog. 😇

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Valar Morghulis,
Valar Dohaeris.

Dew said...

Good idea. Though I don’t think you can leave this without your very own version with your bloggers playing the parts. Now that will make up for the lack of creativity. You have more in your little finger! Have a dream Gabe lol

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Don’t think I didn’t think of that and making an ending that might be more satisfying, but I’d get in trouble for assigning roles.

Dew said...

Oh just do it. Would be a hoot! I, for one, am drooling with anticipation!

Fionnula said...

looks like game of thrones messed with everyones head. winter has come and gone, the prophecies meant zilch, no more short jokes, and I am thrilled to get my sunday nights back. by the way you need a muse? yours seems to be missing in action unless she didn't like game.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I remember you! Long time no talkie, ha ha.

Closing comments on GoT. This is it.