23 July, 2018

How Hard Is It To Order A Pizza?

23 July 2018
920

R. Linda:

Last night I was coming home from work and Tonya rang me to let me know the kiddos were all in bed, me Mam was about to retire and of course, Sean was asleep in his camper, so why didn't I stop at the pizza place and she'd meet me there for a pepperoni and sausage pizza. Why not indeed? A mini date night.

I like pizza so I gave the local pizza establishment a buzz and ordered ahead. When I got to the pizza joint I was a little early and decided to stand in the rather long line and figured by the time it was my turn, me pie would be ready. Tonya arrived shortly after, found us a table and I continued me vigil in line.

I had been standing there for five minutes when three young guys came in and instead of going behind me they walked up to the other end of the counter and a pizza worker seeing them came to see what they wanted. Well, turns out they ordered ahead of everyone in line! There was some grumbling but no one said anything outright. It was shortly after that, the same worker shouted out if we were all waiting for an order to take a seat and he'd call us when our orders were up. Most everyone (except for a few waiting to place their order), including the young men sat down to wait.

It didn't seem long before the orders were being shouted out and customers were getting their pies. I heard me name shouted out so I went to the counter and paid. Tonya had got us drinks so we were all set to enjoy our pepperoni and sausage pie. Only when I opened the box it wasn't pepperoni and sausage it was half cheese, half pepperoni.

I was all for taking it back when Tonya said she was hungry and it was ok, let's just indulge. So we did. It was shortly after I heard another shout, "Gabriel!" and one of the young men got up and went to the counter. I was suspicious we had his pizza. And I was right because I watched as he opened the box and saw pepperoni and sausage! He went back to the counter explaining there had been a mistake and I, being honest Gabe, got up and went over to the counter and explained the mix-up.

Tonya and I had only a slice each and I offered the pie back but of course, Gabriel didn't want it, he wanted a whole new pie, so the counter person put the order in, and I offered to pay for the rejected pie because I knew Tonya really enjoyed the sausage so I had two pies.

The place became very busy so in the interim I guess, the three guys decided it was taking too long for the pizza and they left.

About five minutes later, I heard, "Gabriel!" Which made me jump for some reason and I almost got up.

"Do not get that third pie," Tonya whispered.

"I know just a natural reflex I heard my name," I said stupidly.

So for the next ten minutes, all we heard was "GABRIEL!" I couldn't stand it anymore and was going to go get that pie, but Tonya had enough so she closed the lids of both our pizzas and informed me we'd eat it at home.

Just as I got to the door to hold it open for her, since she had both boxes, the store manager shouted at me, "Hey Gabriel, you're pie is ready! You are Gabriel if I remember right, eh?"

OH GEES!

"Don't you dare," Tonya hissed at me as I made for my wallet and she the car. But I did anyway, I went sheepishly to the counter and bought the other Gabriel's pie for the second time! Now I had three pies and an angry wife. I was told on the way home I'd be eating those pizzas for the next three days until they were gone. And that I would not be ordering pizza from that pizza place ever again, because I was inept and only a woman could order correctly. So let that be a lesson to me!

Gabe
Copyright © 2018 All rights reserved

19 comments:

Dew said...

Freeze the left over slices separately. They are really good heated up in the oven. Nice crispy crust. And oh don't fiorget the ranch dressing to dip in. Yup! Amazing!

Tomas said...

Obviously, for you VERY HARD LMAO

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Dip them in ranch dressing? WHAT?

Dew said...

Yes! Don't knock it 'til you try it. Lol. Some people like chocolate milk with pizza I like to dip it in ranch. So good!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Not me cuppa.

mobit22 said...

LMAO I don't eat pizza anymore so no problems here. But dip? Sorry, doesn't sound tasty.

Tomas said...

Chocolate milk and cold pizza nothing like it - yummy!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

I can see eating cold pizza (I’ve like it that way) but like the dressing chocolate milk isn’t exactly me cuppa either.

Capt Jaack said...

Cappy, did I tell ya the time the crew wanted a pizza and being the young swabby Weasil had an amphibious car disguised as a Mustang, we sent him out to the harbor to get us some. Unfortunately for us, the young swabby turned his seat warmers on high to keep the pizza hot and the result was melted cheese adhered to the box in the shape of the box (when we all know pizza is round). You can't get good help when you're hungry!

Irish Rogue said...

There is only one man I know eats cold pizza with chocolate milk, ok two, like father like son.

Irish Rogue said...

You do have your problems. Gives me a laugh.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You sir are a crazy man. That would have made a good “moments” story.

Dew said...

Very true Irish

Gillian said...

OMG! Too funny.

Gillian said...

Whether you dip it or have it cold with chocolate milk, you can't beat a little olive oil over the top and reheating. Sorry the dressing sounds as gross as the chocolate milk you guys.

Anonymous said...

You're all jealous you didn't discover cold pizza and chocolate milk first.

Anonymous said...

You're a nutter Jack!

Dew said...

Hmmmm. I tried it. There is something about the sweet and salt. That's the attraction. It just depends on the pizza. Fully loaded not so much. Lol

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Enough comments on chocolate milk and pizza. Not accepting anymore. You all do go off on tangents don’t you.