26 October, 2017

New Hampshire buildings in the fall - no matter how hard I tried, those trees manage to get in the act every time

26 October 2017
884

R. Linda:

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or what, but because you seemed to complain I have too many pictures of colourful trees featured in me last post, I decided to post buildings this time, and I wish I could not include the colourful trees, but guess what? I can't not.

So, I braved the downpour we have had for the past three days, thinking that the rain might enhance the colour of the leaves, but those leaves would be beaten down by the raindrops and that might make you happy. But no, that hasn't completely been the case. For some strange reason, hard rain and all, the leaves persist to hang out on the tree limbs.

My biggest problem with not taking pictures of the trees is there is precious little to take pictures of since there aren't a whole lot of buildings up here. I talked my wife into accompanying me in me endeavour since she takes better pictures than me, so for your viewing pleasure of New Hampshire's buildings in the fall, here it be.

A Tonya picture of the little lighthouse down the road - this counts for a building, right?

Sticking with the water theme, a dam with a pumpkin in the stream - Tonya again

Village centre - sorry trees are in the way, but I tried

Souhegan River runs through a few places (can't get away from the water either) - I think they used to ford sheep here in the olden days which I know you remember, LMAO

Here's one with a tree without leaves, I thought to include it for you.

Last one, does a covered bridge count? This is down the road from the abode.

So there you have it R. Linda, buildings such as they are and sorry the trees are in the way, but like I say I literally live in a forest and I can't find a single shot where there aren't those pesky beautiful trees, but I tried. A for effort right?

Just a few more days and your annual Halloween story hits the blog. Enjoy the pictures while you wait, heh-heh.

Gabe
Copyright © 2017 All rights reserved

7 comments:

mobit22 said...

HAHA I happen to enjoy the trees. I RESENT the fact that you have autumn! We have 81 degree weather one day, the next snow! Oh and you gloat. Olden days? I should have my DINOSAUR bite you!

Tomas said...

Em ... please ask Tonya if I can have the lighthouse photo too? LOL I like that even better than the other one, but I will be framing both for my office. Thank her for me.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Don’t feel bad, I understand New Jersey has no fall either just a lot of brown leaves.

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You are getting greedy me lad. She says ok she will send tonight when she gets home. I told her to send the copyright one. Don’t worry she doesn’t listen to me you will get a nice photo.

Fionnula said...

wonderful photos i like when you do those kinds of stories takes me there

Hughes said...

That lighthouse picture is a spectacular shot. It was interesting seeing your surroundings. Very pretty place New Hampshire. One day I must visit. I understand fall is one of the best times and I can see why.

Capt Jaack said...

Where's the Halloween story Cappy? I wait with rum, I mean baited breath, Har!