17 August, 2017

Crazy things in the sky OR just crazy people on the ground

17 August 2017
876

R. Linda:

With your arrival comes a wee bit of madness. I knew your flight and me picking you up from the airport went too smoothly. Even afternoon tea and dinner had no hiccups, and just as I was getting into the groove of a lovely visit, Weasil shows up! Never mind we successfully packed the Dragon on her broom for New Jersey so our visit would be dragon-free, now we had the other thorn in me side arriving unexpectedly.

I knew by the expression on your face that this was just up your alley. I could almost hear the sarcastic remarks whirling around in your head as the young whippersnapper greeted everyone like it was HE we had expected for a visit. Not so! I was as surprised as everyone else to see the lad. The last I knew he was heating his heels and dancing at Shannon Airport, but no, no, here he was fresh from an Irish holiday. Lucky us right?

And it was with some trepidation we watched his arrival. We had taken our coffee and tea to the back deck and were chatting and having a lovely time when we heard the crunch of tyres on the drive. Mam muttered, "Wondah who dat could be noow." And then Sean, "Ye noo anyone wit an RV dare Gabriel?"

And we looked to see out of the gloom of the twilight trees, came this huge RV rolling in. I thought to meself that maybe they mistook me driveway in the woods as a state park, which often happens, so I got meself all set to help them turn the monster around and down the steps I went only to be greeted with the honking of a very loud and huge horn, with a skinny arm waving to me out the driver's window. I looked and I looked and sure enough, it was the Weasil.

"Where did you get THIS monstrosity?" I asked him as he shut the motor down.

"Me new purchase fur driven aroundie da place ta see da scenery." Said he hopping out.

"Oh my." Me Mam said from behind me.

Weasil's new wheels

He told us he'd be staying overnight and camping out in his "camper." That was fine by me. We were given a tour of the fully stocked vehicle and it looked like Weasil could live for years in that thing. The only bad thought was that he could live for years in that thing in ME DRIVEWAY which was getting quite a bit crowded.

Before you or he had arrived, Sean went out and bought himself a hot tub from the guy down the road, whose wife had enough of the thing. Oh yes, he did, and why? Because cousin Gabe (that be me) put the lad to work hauling rocks to make a cobble wall of sorts and the poor lad's back was breaking from the burden of that wall, so he went out unknownst to the rest of us and bought a hot tub. Never mind that I am paying through the nose for the electric, which as I have complained me bill be through the roof, was no matter to cousin Sean, as long as he be luxuriating in his hot water bath at days end while the rest of us . . . not so much.

Really? It isn't like it's 4 feet high - I even rented a dozer for him to make it easy

Not only will the electric bill now be astronomical, but where he put it be a crazy place. When he asked me where he could put it I told him where the sun doesn't shine and walked away. Well, in his mind he placed it where it would be out of the way in front of the steps to the front walk! See here:

Sean's big purchase

Life suddenly was taking on a "crazy" aspect it was. Sean was bad enough but now we had Weasil infringing on YOUR visit! I was near speechless and not at all happy. I have to admit everyone was determined not to let the interloper make things zany, as often be the case, and we did invite him to after-dinner coffee and treats on the deck. Okay, that was all fine and good for a while, but then Sean and Weasil got into a discussion of ten people hot tubs which had me squirming in me seat. That's all I needed was a large hot tub. We'd never see the front walk again!

You did a good job of trying to shut the Weasil down in his trying to convince Sean to size up. I was impressed with the idea of snakes slithering into the hot tub and bird doo raining down from the trees. But Weasil deflected that with a canopy (which made the whole image somehow worse) and (from experience) how good boiled snake can taste.

I don't know how we made it through your first night because it got more bizarre as the sun went down and we were inside and then since it was a lovely night, back outside with drinks. Seems Weasil, mixmaster extraordinaire, has quite the bar in his RV. He makes a mean whiskey sour he does, and after three of those rather easy-to-drink drinks, we seemed to be having a gay old time on the deck. Weasil and Sean went to the hot tub with their drinks and we could hear the thing whirring away as we sat there discussing noise pollution and huge electric bills.

It was shortly after they had parboiled themselves they came back to the deck all excited pointing to the heavens.

"Didja see dat star moving and whirling up dare?" Sean said pointing to the sky.

We all looked up and you offered up that he was drinking too much and seeing things, Tonya offered it was a satellite, and me Mam, that he and Weasil were looking at a UFO. Yes, she be helpful always in that way.

We sat there for over an hour craning out necks looking at, "Da triangle of brightie stars. See da onie on da righty? It be moving an spinning." Weasil said pointing.

"Which one?" You asked sceptical.

"Da bright onie." He pointed and we all watched when suddenly a shooting star appeared and that was quite a bit fabulous. After twenty more minutes of "Lookie dere it be a moven'," something bizarre did take place a star was shooting but not down it went UP!

"Wot wuz dat?" Me Mam near shouted.

"I told you about that, I saw one of those a month ago," Tonya reminded us. "It looks like a tube and shoots UP and disappears!"

She did tell us this a few months ago (and no one believed her), in the meantime, some of us saw it and some of us didn't. I think those that didn't see weren't looking or were too seeped into their cups to notice much of anything.

"But lookie at dat star move!" Weasil said reverting the discussion back to some seeing it and some don't.

"I tink yer noots." Me Mam said to Weasil and Sean.

"Nah, not exactly nuts, bonkers!" You interjected.

Well, I don't know why we were trying to see what the two idiots were seeing. I never did, I saw a bright star going nowhere. I did think you pointed out a plane flying overhead quite a bit hilarious as you pointed to it coming over the roofline and shouted, "Look! Look! A UFO!" And for a fraction of a minute you had the two-star seekers in excited motion looking at the sky jumping around like two buffoons (which they are).

It was a crazy end to a relatively nice day, but you really need not go to the pet store with me Mam and buy a snake for the hot tub. Though I think that would freak Sean out, Weasil not so much -- he'd eat it, but it would certainly freak me if it got loose being so close to the house. You and me Mam (I can see) are a lethal mix. You both think alike and if this continues I will be more than certifiable by visit end.

Gabe
Copyright © 2017 All rights reserved

9 comments:

Fionnula said...

omg! he has a camper and he'll come may way now. just you wait and see. good thing i read your blog i am forewarned. omg!

mobit22 said...

The flight was a pain. I don't like flying and I'm used to the smurf comments, even the double takes I've gotten used to. It's all the TREES! Waiting for dueling banjos! Tonya and your mom ate saints! They're masters at keeping the nuts in check. RV? It's a hotel on wheels. My eyes are tired, LOL, more later...

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You do know he flies a plane -- be glad he doesn't like the cold so Arctic Circle is out and you are safe.

Hughes said...

The illusion of stars moving (which they don't) is called, auto kinetic effect. Even a stationary outdoor light viewed from a distance can seem like it's moving when it is not. On the other, stars do not shoot upward, but star dust particles can look like they do and could look like a tube or quick comet effect that fizzles. Hope that eliminates some of the wild and crazy ideas should you have another outer space adventure. ***** <- look a shooting star! LOL

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You are either a Trekkie or a scientist. Thanks for clearing the crazy trains from our over active imaginations

mobit22 said...

I prefer to think e.t. is riding in his little ship watching us. LOL

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

You said that at breakfast before I had me coffee and I thought I was hearing things.

Tomas said...

Sounds like crazy people on the ground to me, LMAO. Also seems like Sean has a new bud in the Weasil. Maybe you can talk Weasil into taking Sean for a long trip, LOL. Good luck!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

Don't think I haven't thought about that.