14 July, 2017

How can you drain the swamp when you are the swamp?

14 July 2017
871

R. Linda:

I don't know about you but the web of lies, disparaging remarks, and a White House staff telling us one thing and a President telling us quite another has made me, who reports the news, not want to do my job. I am fed up to the back teeth on this Donny Jr. business. First, he says one thing because his brother-in-law basically outed him, then he changes the story not once but twice, and again and again and again and each time the story gets bigger and more full of baloney until there is one hell of an American sandwich with too much stuff and lots more baloney than one can eat!

The last thing I saw on the telly last night was this Donald Trump, Jr. fiasco. Every station carried it, and none were very complimentary. There was liar, liar, treasonous dog, and then there was, "Oh he's just a kid and he thought that's the way the process worked." A kid? He's almost 40 people, give me a break! Even I know that a foreign government that offers info on an opponent and says it wants to see daddy win, be illegal. So to pick up the glove and say meet me at Trump Tower wasn't playing by the law let alone the rules!

What was he thinking? Some say nothing, I say it was all stops out to help Daddy win since the family believes "winning" is the ultimate. The last time that word was bandied about it was done by a train wreck named Charlie Sheen. We see how his winning served him. Anyway, I went to sleep with this ponderous, awful situation on my mind and a rather bad poem came of it. So without any more ado about nothing, here it is:

"Hillary Clinton is a risk Americans can't afford to take." We will say she is not the risk, it is Donny, Jr. and those like him.

The Washington Swamp

Out of secrets hear ... him cry
It's not the Russians ... it's the lies!

It's the White House ... of who's right
And because of my father ... I have a plight!

Out of a Trump Tower room ... I hit cold info
Thanks to the Russians ... I'm now in limbo

Down a gold corridor ... I got nothing
But the Times got wind ... and now I'm blushing

Holy God my feet are sinking!
In a quagmire of mine own... I seem to be rethinking

Was I there ... or was I dreaming?
With my lawyer ... I am now scheming

To make it all go away ... and no more tarnish
I give my lawyers ... leave to explanation garnish

And as I sink deeper into the swamp
I watch my days of no more pomp

Woe is me Don Jr. is,
All my aspirations have gone to fizz!

Yes, they have Donald, Jr. All aspirations are on hold until you prove yourself, come clean and maybe we can forgive you for cheating. 

Gabe
Copyright © 2017 All rights reserved

6 comments:

Tomas said...

I join you in becoming sick of the news. At first it was amusing as it sank further down into insanity levels, but now it isn't amusing it's pathetic. My how the mighty have fallen! Trump, Jr.'s nose in the air, not anymore. It is a shame fame did a number on him and now politics (of which he is obviously no expert) will further his demise from snobby toff to common Joe. Embarrassing all round!

Fionnula said...

he looks like he's trying to explain it away lmao. i am sure when father trump gets home he'll release the kraken, Kellyanne to further twist the spin. i liked your poem!

mobit22 said...

LMAO very poetic! But guess what? People will forgive and forget. There's a lot of people who live the trumps. None of them understand the word diplomacy. None have government OR business experience. How many times has the stump bankrupted his own company....

Dew said...

The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine.

Hughes said...

OR NOT!

Gabriel O'Sullivan said...

LOL