02 January, 2010

Me wee laddie

3 December 2005
148

R. Linda:

Me wee laddie is named after an airport, don't ask. I almost forgot I be so out of it, that I had to unsend this so I could put it in me thoughts before I sent it again without remembering I wanted to say more than what I just unsent. Makes perfect sense doesn't it? ;)~

Anyway, what I forgot was that me sainted parents have arrived. Yes, I be flying around from hospital to airport. I be so not wanting to entertain, but we have invited me dear old mam and da for the holidays, but begorrah me, they decided to come early. So, I have not only a new baby but relatives for 1 FREAKING MONTH!

I just want you to know I should be a basket case in about oh, say an hour.

Therefore, if I sound like a raving lunatic, it be because I have finally got that way with all this going on. Just letting you know beforehand because I be about to go insane in well, maybe two minutes if me mam doesn't stop talking about making tea and wee Mr. Airport coming home so she can "get me hands on that laddie." OH MY, I can see it now me being King Solomon with me wife and sainted mother.

GIVE ME THAT BABY!

NO, I HAD HIM FIRST!

You see me wife was being nice tonight. I brought the parents directly from airport to hospital because they were excited they had to see him, the new grandson. ONLY me wife was holding the wee baby after having just nursed the lad. She mistakenly asked me Mam if she wanted to hold him, and she said, YES I WOULD! And so, that was the last time me nice wife got to hold her own baby BECAUSE me mam was busy showing him off to the nursing staff (who I tried to remind her had already been introduced to him), and anyone who walked by the room. Me wife was rolling her eyes (never a good sign) and I knew to go reel me Mam back in the room. I told her to give the wee Airport to his mam, but no, no, she would NOT do it. No, she held onto the wee tyke like he was going to disappear if she handed him over. And you know what, he would have. Me wife was in a fit though she hid it well. So yes indeedy, I be in for a good round of Who's Got The Baby Now? I can hardly wait for Tonya to come home so we can all play. NOT!

That is it. Just letting you know I should be a crazy person soon, if not already.

Gabe
Copyright © 2005 All rights reserved

No comments: